Deadline: 1/28 Feb (annual)
Study in: Belgium
VLIR-UOS provides ICP Connect Master’s scholarships to students from 29 qualifying African, Asian, and Latin American countries to pursue an English-taught Master’s degree at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
Participating Belgian Flemish university or university college
Fields of study/Programmes:
15 ICP Master’s programmes at participating Belgian Universities
Number of Awards:
10 scholarships are awarded for each Master’s programme.
Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroun, Cuba, DR Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guinee, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Palestina, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
VLIR-UOS only provides full scholarships for the total duration of the Master’s Programme (12/24 months). The scholarships cover cover tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses (board and lodging).
- Nationality and country of residence: Candidates’ must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
- Age: candidates’ age on January 1 of the year of intake must be no higher than 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide a strong motivation and profile.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year.
- Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and may not have enrolled in a study programme at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
Via the university’s website, you will have to apply for both admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself. When you apply for the programme, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. The deadline varies and are determined by the programme but most deadlines are around 1 February or 28 February .
It is important to visit the official website and the websites of the specific Master’s Programme you have chosen for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.vliruos.be/en/call_types/scholarships/scholarships_for_masters_(icp_connect)/1569
Leave a Comment